- Being impulsive is NOT a character quirk. It just means making bad decisions and disguising it as virtue.
- Having dreams and ideas are great, but anyone can have ideas. Now execution – that’s the thing you need to work on, and that takes time and work. Don’t be afraid to put in the work. The sacrifices are worth it.
- That whole long, straightened hair, eyeliner, tank top, tie, cargo pants, Avril Lavigne look does NOT work for you.
- You spent too much money on Topshop. You should have spent it investing in your hobbies – like better guitar pedals and camera lenses.
- You will waste less time if you remained true to yourself.
- For the last time, you are not fat.
- You will definitely do and experience a lot, but still, you could have done more and been “more”.
- Go to more gigs and concerts you fool.
- The only person you need to compete with is yourself.
- Spending more time living outwardly and giving to others will make you happy and fill your life with greater purpose and meaning. Do that more.
- The risks are always worth it. Take more of them.
- Get out of your self-importance. It’s not about you.
- Take yourself less seriously. Maybe you could have been a Tina Fey / Amy Poehler in-the-making.
- Validation and attention is nice, but it’s not worth it if its not the right person. Spend less time thinking about boys and what they thought of you.
- Forgive your mistakes. It’s not the end of the world.
and two more for a bonus:
16. Do not let your laziness define what you thought you can or cannot do. Maybe you could have been great at Math if you gave yourself a chance. You defined yourself way too much. You could have been anything if you stopped drawing your own boundaries.
17. You should have published more when you had the time, energy, and lack-of-shame.